- Must-Read: Vox Acquires Recode; Stars, Money, and Reach; The Apple Car and Jony Ive - Stratechery :
- The Not-So-Typical Adventures of Lois McMaster Bujold
- Government Austerity Exacts Toll on U.S. Jobs, Wages and Growth :
- @TheStalwart: This piece [by Michael Grunwald] is a killer combination of uncompelling argument + obnoxious tone. http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/05/sanders-dont-break-up-the-big-banks-000054
- @shaneferro: @TheStalwart "Did you know that the financial institutions at the heart of the 2008 crisis were not the very biggest banks?"
- @TheStalwart: @shaneferro The piece drips with disdain for those he disagrees with. The author acts like he's arguing with a child.
- @BenDWalsh: @TheStalwart @shaneferro my fav is the “we can’t rewrite the rules of capitalism” line. Was unaware that was what was governing banks!
- @TheStalwart: @BenDWalsh The existing regulations we have for banks just happen to be the "rules of capitalism" and any deviation is impossible.
- @M_C_Klein: @TheStalwart @BenDWalsh right, highly-regulated industry that depends on explicit and implicit govt guarantees operates on law of the jungle
- @BenDWalsh: @M_C_Klein @TheStalwart how do you think they got that implicit govt guarantee? They lobbied for it, like the laws of capitalism told them.
- @M_C_Klein: @BenDWalsh @TheStalwart I hope we can make "the laws of capitalism" into a running joke
- @TheStalwart: @M_C_Klein @BenDWalsh Great call. Will do my part to make #TheLawsOfCapitalism a permanent feature of finance twitter.